In Saskatchewan, general insurance brokers need to get a certain number of continuing education credit hours each year to maintain their license. Online Saskatchewan CE courses by PNC Learning make it easy, quick and convenient for you to get your CE credits for just $10/month.
CE Credit Requirements
Like other provinces, the amount of credits you need vary based on your experience:
- Regular licensees in Saskatchewan need to get 12 CE credits each year.
- Brokers and agents that hold a professional designation (like CAIB or CIP) only need 8 credits.
- Experienced licensees with at least 25 years of continuous insurance experience only need 8 credits.
CE Credit Deadline
Unlike other provinces which have set deadlines, in SK, you just need to get your credits done by your licensing renewal date – aka. the date you first got licensed.
Online Saskatchewan CE Courses
Our online CE credit subscription bundle currently has over 27 CE courses specifically designed for Saskatchewan insurance brokers. Some examples of popular courses include:
- IC05 Claims Made Liability Forms – 1 CE Hour
- IC30 Wrap Up Liability – 1 CE Hour
- IC52 Cyber Risk Insurance Overview
- IC29 Umbrella Insurance – 1 CE Hour
- IC66 Course of Construction – 1 CE Hour
- IC64 Art of Underwriting – 1 CE Hour
- IC76 Cannabis – 1 CE Hour
- IC81 Drone Legislation and Insurance – 1 CE Hour
- IC84 – Ethics of Selling – 1 CE Hour (SK-ETHICS)
- IC72 Government Data Protection Regulation – 1 CE Hour (SK-ETHICS)
- IC74 Fintrac – 1 CE Hour (SK-ETHICS)
- IC75 Code of Ethics/Conduct – 1 CE Hour
- See more…
We are constantly adding new courses to our package so this list may not be fully up to date. To see a full catalog of the courses we have available for SK brokers/agents and to learn more about the contents of each, click the “See more…” button above.
The goal of these courses is to not only give you the credits you need to meet licensing requirements, but to teach you about the skills and emerging topics that help you become a better broker. For example, our course about underwriting helps you make better submissions, our cyber insurance course teaches you about the different policy wordings and what might be a good fit in which situations, and our cannabis, drone, and blockchain courses teaches you about important emerging technologies.
With these courses, we want you to be entertained, learn a lot, AND get your required credits.
Brokerage Owner/Manager? Contact us for corporate/bulk pricing.