In Alberta, you need to pass the Alberta Level 1 exam. For the rest of Canada, it’s the Fundamentals of Insurance or CAIB 1 exam. In Ontario, the RIBO 1 exam. It is the first exam you have to pass in order to get your RIBO Level 1 General Insurance License.
This license enables you to practice insurance in Ontario and get your first insurance job. After that, the sky is the limit. This study guide is designed to help you start on the right foot.
Who needs this RIBO 1 Study Guide?
For most students not upgrading from an OTL license, this is the first insurance exam you’ve ever taken and the concepts you’ll be studying could be a little bit complex.
Our RIBO 1 Study Guide contains everything you need to know to ace your exam. We’ve written a textbook with only 61 easy to read pages so you can licensed quickly and without the hassle of reading through a thick textbook crammed full of cryptic legal-speak.
We break down the complex concepts and teach them in a simple way and provide additional examples to really drive the concepts home.
A set of practice questions are included with your purchase.
Topics covered in this study guide:
- Introduction to Insurance
- Government & Insurance Industry Regulations
- Contract Law & Insurance Contracts
- Insurance Process & Industry Participants
- Characteristics of Property Insurance Policies
- Personal Property Insurance (Habitational Forms)
- Additional Property Coverages & Endorsements
- Commercial Property Insurance
- Additional Commercial Property Coverages & Endorsements
- Basics of Legal Liability
- Liability Insurance Policies
- Accident & Sickness / Travel Insurance
- Regulation / Broker Professionalism
- Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario Act (RIB Act)
- Ontario Regulations 989, 990, 991
- Ontario By-laws 1, 2, 20, 21, etc.
- Automobile Insurance in Ontario
Tax included. Discounts given if purchasing CAIB 2 & 3 (for RIBO 2) as well.
RIBO 2 Unrestricted Technical Notes are also available.