EFFECTIVE DATE: MARCH 8, 2018
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following personal information about our users:
- when you register an account, your first and last name and email address;
- we associate your account with your activities on the Service, such as what you click and where you navigate;
- unique identifiers that identify you over time and across different websites including your IP address, iOS Advertiser ID and other unique device identifiers;
- if you sign up for an email list, your first and last name and email address; and
- if you contact us for support, to participate in surveys, or voluntarily post in our blogs, any personal information you choose to provide about yourself.
We collect anonymous information from you, which may be provided to us by a third party, including but not limited to:
- metrics and other types of statistical data, which could be derived from use of the Service, for example how and when you interact with the Service, session length and number of times you accessed the Service;
- diagnostic information concerning the Service, for example, logs, error reports and events and the type, number, date and page relating to this information; and
- information concerning how you access the Service, for example, computer operating system, web browser and type of mobile device.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We collect and use your personal and anonymous information for internal purposes, such as providing the Service to you, to understand your needs and the needs of our clients and to provide you with better service and information, particularly:
- providing the Services to you, such as delivering courses you have purchased and answering questions asked of us by you;
- maintaining and analyzing the functioning of the Service, such as backing up data, understanding how users use the Service and drawing trends and predictions based on this information;
- performing network communications, such as hosting and displaying data and providing updates;
- authenticating users of the Service and personalizing content to those users and delivering documents to users;
- protecting the security and integrity of the Service and its users;
- legal or regulatory compliance;
- provide customer and technical support and to resolve customer issues;
- inform you of changes to the Service such as outages, suspensions or other material changes; or
- contact you with marketing or promotional content or contests, if you previously consented to such contact.
We disclose your personal and anonymous information to third parties, who may be located in a foreign jurisdiction and subject to foreign laws, as follows:
- for customer support and feedback, analyzing Service functionality and technical issues, tracking use of the Service and generating reports and data models that we use to improve the service;
- to our parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries or contractors for internal purposes (as described above); or
- for payment processing and fraud prevention purposes in connection with a purchase you made on the Service.
3. THIRD PARTY SERVICES
The following third parties may collect and use personal information, as well as anonymous information, through the Service:
- Google, through its analytics services;
- Thinkific, which provides our online course platform; and
- Mailchimp, which assists us with email campaigns.
4. WEB BEACONS AND COOKIES
The Service is not directed to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we inadvertently collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you are a parent or guardian of a child who you believe provided PNC with personal information without your consent, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. OBTAINING OR CHANGING COLLECTED INFORMATION
You may contact PNC to obtain a copy of any personal information we have collected about you, the production of which may be subject to a fee as permitted by applicable law. In addition, you may contact PNC to correct or delete such information, except to the extent that retention is necessary for our legitimate business purposes, required by applicable law, in the control of a third party or where correction or deletion is not technically feasible. Please contact PNC using the contact information below.
7. INFORMATION STORAGE AND RETENTION
While PNC is a Canadian company, the data you provide through the Service is stored and processed by third parties in countries around the world. You authorize PNC and third parties acting on PNC’s behalf to use and process your data in any country of their choosing, which may cause your data, including personal and anonymous information, to be subject to privacy protections and legal rights that may not be equivalent to those in your country.
Your personal information is retained until you request its deletion as set forth above or until PNC no longer requires such information for the purpose for which it was collected.
8. CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP OR BUSINESS TRANSITION
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
10. EMAIL PREFERENCES
We communicate with our users primarily by email. If you would like to change the email preferences we associate with you (for example, unsubscribing from receiving certain types of email) you may do so by clicking a link within emails that we send to you or, if no link is available, by replying with “unsubscribe” in the email title or body.
12. CONTACT US