Online Alberta Insurance Courses (Insurance Exam Prep)

This page contains a list of our online Alberta insurance courses to help you find what you’re looking for easier.

Online courses that are self-paced are a great fit for people who are short on time, have a busy schedule (parents, full time workers, etc.), don’t want to pay for expensive immersion classes, or prefer learning in the comfort of their own home.

The problem with traditional online programs is that you are completely on your own and do not have the same support as in-person classes.

To solve this issue, we provide all of our students with a course tutor available to support you anytime you need it. We can be reached by live chat, phone, or email anytime of day or night whenever you have questions. In this way, you’re getting EVEN MORE support than you would from a live teacher.

How To Get An Insurance License in Alberta

To get your insurance license in Alberta, you first have to pass the GIL licensing exams (there are now also CAIB equivalencies you can take but the GIL program is still the most affordable and straightforward way to get your license).

To do that, you first have to take a course with an AIC Approved GLQP Course Provider like PNC Learning before you’re able to register for the provincial exam.

Once licensed, you’re able to sell all types of general insurance including:

  • Home Insurance
  • Automobile Insurance
  • Business Insurance
  • Travel Insurance

General insurance is also often called property and casualty insurance because you are insuring your client’s property (ie. their car) and also their liability (ie. if they hit someone with their car).

Online Alberta Level 1 Course

This Alberta General Insurance Level 1 course comes with simplified study materials, online lectures, practice questions, and a dedicated course tutor to ensure you pass the Alberta GIL 1 exam in just 3-4 weeks.

Other Online Alberta Insurance Courses

Alberta Level 2 Course

Now that you got your Level 1 license, you can sell insurance but have to work under supervision. This is because you’re still new to the industry and need someone to double check your work to make sure you’re doing everything correctly.

If you want to work independently, you’ll need to take the Alberta Level 2 course and get your Level 2 license.

Alberta Level 3 Course

You will need this level of license if you want to own or manage your own brokerage as the Nominee/Principal Broker. In this role, you would be responsible for all the other brokers at your office.

No matter what your career goals are or what level of license you want to achieve, we have online Alberta insurance courses and course tutors available to help you jump start your insurance career. Over the years, we’ve helped thousands of insurance brokers start and build their careers in the insurance industry.

We offer secure payment

We accept the following payment methods:


Check our FAQ

Need Help?

Email us at: