In Ontario, you need to pass the RIBO 1 exam. In Alberta, you need to pass the Alberta Level 1 exam. For the rest of Canada, the Fundamentals of Insurance or CAIB 1 exam is the first exam you have to pass in order to get your Level 1 General Insurance License.
This license enables you to practice insurance in your home province and get your first job as an insurance broker. After that, the sky is the limit. This study guide is designed to help you start on the right foot by helping you pass the exam.
Who needs this Fundamentals of Insurance Study Guide?
For most people, this will be the first insurance exam you’ve ever taken and the concepts may be foreign to you. Our Fundamentals of Insurance Study Guide contains everything you need to know to ace your exam. We’ve written a textbook with only 25 easy to read pages so you can licensed quickly and without the hassle of reading through a thick textbook crammed full of cryptic legal-speak.
We break down the complex concepts and teach them in a simple way and provide additional examples to really drive the concepts home.
A set of practice questions are included with your purchase.
Topics covered in this study guide:
- Introduction to Insurance
- Government & Insurance Industry Regulations
- Contract Law & Insurance Contracts
- Insurance Process & Industry Participants
- Characteristics of Property Insurance Policies
- Personal Property Insurance (Habitational Forms)
- Commercial Property Insurance
- Basics of Legal Liability
- Liability Insurance Policies
- Accident & Sickness / Travel Insurance
- Automobile Insurance
- Basics of Automobile Insurance
- Statutory Conditions & Endorsements
- Automobile Insurance Policies
- Provincial Variations on Automobile Insurance Policies
“PNC Learning is a great learning tool. It is well organized and laid out and really expedites the time required to learn the material. Jack is very quick to respond to any questions. I was able to pass my first 3 CAIB exams in a very short time. I would recommend PNCL to anyone taking the CAIB’s”
– Clayton Canart, Manitoba
(Courses Taken: CAIB 1, 2, 3 & 4)
“This is the best online course for Fundamentals. It is well laid out and easy to follow. I found it much better than the textbook. The audio/visual format caters to all learning styles and the mock exams were great. I felt supported all the way. Very impressive… Well worth the price.”
– Cheryl D, The Cooperators
(Courses Taken: Fundamentals of Insurance)
Tax included. Discounts given if purchasing CAIB 2 & 3 as well.