Get your BC CE credits for just $10/month with PNC Learning’s accredited CE courses.
British Columbia CE Requirements & Deadlines
The Insurance Council of BC has set the licensing period for general insurance brokers in BC for June 1st to May 31st. All general insurance brokers licensed in BC must get all of their required CE credits within that time. But the amount of credits you need depend on your level of license and experience in the industry.
New Agents/Brokers who have NOT been licensed for at least 5 of the last 7 years in BC need to get 8 CE credits.
Experienced Agents/Brokers who HAVE been licensed for at least 5 of the last 7 years only need 6 CE credits.
Agents/Brokers Holding a Designation in BC only need 4 CE credits. Valid designations include CAIB, CIB, CIP, CCIB, FCIP, CRM, etc.
The Insurance Council of BC does not pre-accredit any CE courses as long as the course discusses technical insurance concepts such as insurance products, ethics, E&O, or compliance with applicable insurance/privacy legislation. For Level 3 licensees, “technical material” includes management concepts like accounting or HR.
To ensure our courses are valid for BC brokers, we seek accreditation in other provinces like Ontario, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Alberta before releasing them for BC students.
BC CE Courses by PNC Learning
- IC84 Ethics of Selling
- IC83 Blockchain and Crypto Currency
- IC82 Fair Customer Treatment
- IC81 Drone Legislation and Insurance
- IC76.5 Cannabis Part 1 & 2
- IC75 Code of Ethics/Conduct
- IC66 Course of Construction
- IC64 Art of Underwriting
- IC53 Terrorist Acts Insurance Overview
- IC52 Cyber Risk Insurance Overview
- IC38 Basic Risk Management
- IC30 Wrap Up Liability
- IC29 Umbrella Insurance
- IC26 Specialty/Uncommon Risks
- IC24 Professional Liability
- IC18 Insurance to Value
- IC13 Faulty Powers
- IC07 CGL and Contracts
- IC05 Claims Made Liability Forms
- See a complete list and more…
Brokerage Owner/Manager? Contact us for corporate/bulk pricing.