To become an insurance broker or adjuster in Alberta, you must first pass the General Insurance Level 1 exam put on by the Alberta Insurance Council. There are separate exams for brokers and adjusters but this study guide helps prepare you for either one.
The Alberta Level 1 exam tests mostly technical topics so out of the 100 questions on the exam, 60 questions are on Technical Skills & Risk Management, and just 20 questions each for Ethics & Professionalism and Industry Knowledge.
Who needs this Alberta General Insurance Level 1 Study Guide?
Although we recommend purchasing the full online course, if you need to get licensed but short on time or struggling with the large textbook, this study guide can help.
Our Alberta General Insurance Level 1 Study Guide follows the breakdown of the exam and contains the core concepts you need to know to be successful on your exam. We’ve written a textbook with only 58 easy to read pages so you can licensed quickly and without the hassle of reading through a thick textbook crammed full of cryptic legal-speak.
A set of practice questions are also included with your purchase.
Topics covered in this study guide:
- Introduction to Insurance
- Government & the Insurance Industry
- Contract Law & Insurance Contracts
- The Process of Placing Insurance
- Characteristics of Property Insurance Policies
- Personal Property Insurance – Habitational Forms
- Commercial Property Insurance
- Basics of Legal Liability
- Basics of Liability Insurance Policies
- Liability Insurance Policies
- Farm Insurance
- Marine Insurance
- Aviation Insurance
- Accident & Sickness / Travel Insurance
- Basics of Auto Insurance
- Automobile Insurance Policies & The GRID
- Automobile Insurance – Statutory Conditions
- Regulation of Brokers (including PIPEDA & Alberta Privacy Acts)
Tax included. Discounts given if purchasing Alberta Level 2 as well.
Alberta General Insurance Level 2 Notes are also available.