For the past few weeks, the Alberta Insurance Council (AIC) has been postponing their exams to aid with physical distancing measures against COVID-19. But, I’m happy to announce that they are opening up the exams again. Here we’re going to go into detail about the Alberta Insurance Council exams in COVID-19.
The insurance industry and AIC have been deemed an essential service and the AIC has announced that starting Monday May 4th, the AIC will be resuming onsite exams at their Edmonton, Calgary, Grand Prairie, Lethbridge, Fort McMurray, Medicine Hat, and Red Deer offices.
Alberta Insurance Council Exams in COVID-19 – Safety Precautions
The AIC took several safety precautions to ensure the health and wellbeing of staff, proctors, and students:
- Each exam sitting will be limited to 10 students
- Keep a distance of 2 meters (6 feet) from others
- Students must wear a mask or face covering over the mouth and nose
- You must use hand sanitizer immediately before entering the exam room
- Students will be checked for signs of fever
- Students must sign waivers/declarations that they will adhere to all Alberta Health and AIC safety protocols. You must declare that you are healthy, are not in a high risk group, and sign a waiver releasing the AIC from all coronavirus related liability
If you are showing any symptoms of infection, you must reschedule your exam or be required to leave the examination room immediately. Rescheduling is free.
General insurance exams for Level 1, 2, 3 and Adjusters Level 1 will be hold on Fridays (excluding statutory holidays).
There will be 3 exam sittings on exam days:
- 8:30am – 10:30am
- 11:00am – 1:00pm
- 2:00pm – 4:00pm
Exam Registration Process
Aside from the added safety requirements and the revised exam schedules/locations, there is really no change on how to register for the exam. You still need to take a course with a GLQP approved provider like PNC Learning, get certified, and register through the AIC web portal.
You can read our Alberta exam registration guide for more information.