Aside from studying properly and knowing the material like the back of your hand, it helps to know how to take exams. And if its been a while since you last took an exam, here’s a list of insurance exam tips as a quick refresher.
- First things first, breathe… it helps when you’re relaxed. If you’re nervous or panicking you’re not going to think as clearly or recall information as well.
- Read the question and try to figure out what they’re asking for. Are they asking for yes or no (true or false) answers? Do they want examples or explanations? There might also be some double negatives or tricks mixed in so be careful!
- Bonus: check the Glossary of Key Action Words in our courses for more information on this.
- Write clearly. This is important for short answer questions. If the marker can’t read your writing, they can’t mark it.
- Keep track of the time and make sure you’re not spending too much time on 1 question.
I hope these insurance exam tips help some of you guys out there. If you have more to share with me or need some additional help, let me know.